Till We Have Faces: A Reading Companion
An ugly queen. The jealous sister. An angry goddess… In Till We Have Faces, Lewis paints an unexpected picture of redemption. After teaching this novel for more than a decade, Christine Norvell penned a guide to help any reader fully appreciate Lewis' favorite and final piece of fiction. Explore chapter by chapter with Norvell’s meaningful summary, commentary, and spiritual insight.
Praise for Till We Have Faces: A Reading Companion
“The passion with which Christine delves into this subject is infectious.”
“Norvell’s steady steering … gave me such a richer, more complete understanding for the original work.”
- Scott C. (Amazon Review)
Available on Amazon in Kindle and Paperback Editions
Articles and Essays
Christine Norvell regularly writes for established Classical Christian publishers, including The Imaginative Conservative, Circe Institute, and Poiema. Explore her work using the links below and don’t forget to check out her personal blog, “Thy Lyre”.
- Top 10 Poetry Books for Graduates
- Melville and Hawthorne on Good, Evil, & Human Nature
- On Aristotle and Happiness
- Discerning God through a Reflection
- What Is So Liberal about the Liberal Arts?
- Willa Cather: The Land Is Alive
- Book Review: Dwelling on Delphi: Thinking Christianly about the Liberal Arts
- The Best Shakespeare Story Ever
- Hedonism in Hemingway's A Farewell to Arms
- The Witches of Macbeth: A Weyward Translation
- The Great Gatsby and the Demoralized Man
- Did It Have To Be Dido?
- Why We Should See Live Performances
- St. Augustine on Figurative Language
- Classic Children’s Books for Christmas Gifting
- Petrarch’s Love Sonnets
- John of Salisbury and the Ideal Scholar
- Hope in Creation: The Worldview of Richard Wilbur
- Horace’s Truth Serum
- The Humanity of Horace
- On Speaking Well
- Comparing the Children of Hurin and the Greek Epics
- Words and Signs and Memory & the Mutual Intercourse of Men
- Annals of a Quiet Neighborhood Book Review
Articles, updates, and educational resources delivered right to your inbox.